Today is a day like that.
Matt Barber informs us of a case in Washington state, USA, where Ms Barronelle Stutzman, an elderly florist who is a practising Christian, refused to violate conscience by rejecting a request to provide flowers for a homosexual "wedding"; only, to face legal threats from the newly elected state Attorney General, Bob Ferguson.
Barber then comments:
Like many of us, Joseph Backholm, with the Family Policy Institute of Washington, has long warned about the consequences of radically deconstructing the institution of natural marriage. “Now that the law says marriage is genderless,” he recently wrote of Ms. Stutzman’s ongoing abuse, “those who think otherwise [must] … conform or be punished. … Now liberals believe they are legally entitled to someone else’s labor.”
To homosexuals I say this: Yes, you are equal in God’s eyes. You are loved. These things are true, not because of your homosexual lifestyle, but, rather, they are true in spite of it.
Most homosexuals know intuitively, I think, that their lifestyle is unnatural and immoral and that the oxymoronic notion of “same-sex marriage” is a silly farce. Thus, they must force others to affirm both their self-destructive lifestyle and their mock “marriages” under penalty of law. They must physically compel everyone to engage their “emperor’s new clothes” delusion, so they can feel better about bad behavior.
Well, my friend, making everyone else “call evil good and good evil” won’t fill that dark void in your soul. Only repentance and redemption through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can do that.
When we give deviant sexual conduct preferred status in law, Christian morality becomes illegal. If you think government-recognized “gay marriage” is harmless to society, you’re playing the fool. It places the Christian sexual ethic and free exercise of religion in direct conflict with law. It’s my sense that many liberty-minded people are finally coming awake to this disturbing reality.
Although we all sin, Christians are commanded to neither support nor engage in evil. Hence, Christians – true Christians – cannot engage in nor condone the unrepentant practice of homosexual behavior. Neither can we support sin-centric “gay marriage.”Given what has been happening in country after country in the name of "rights" under the colour of law, and the implications of too many cases along the lines just outlined, we need to ask ourselves some serious questions indeed on where our civilisation is heading.
In the end, it is our civilisation that will pay the price of evident folly, not the God who clearly warned us and warns us against such. END
PS: Some want to suggest, by invidious comparisons, that only extremists like the Nazis or the Taliban etc could possibly want to object to the radicalisation of law and distortion of marriage in disregard of serious moral, health and social concerns. That recently happened to me, and I can only say that this is a further, troubling sign of the underlying utterly ruthless nihilistic intolerance and agenda-driven blind radicalism of too many who are pushing such agendas. Do I need to explicitly identify ad hominem laced strawman misrepresentations, poisonous motive mongering, scapegoating and stereotyping that would short circuit sobering concerns in a rush to impose what looks very much like evil in the name of good? Let us stop, and think again.
PPS: Some reading on a cluster of linked issues:
- Answering the porn-perversion agenda:
- The deceitful marketing of addictive evil and the porn-perversion agenda
- Shocking porn addiction statistics
- The Pink Cross Foundation -- an answer to porn addiction and to the porn industry's deception and exploitation
- The porn-perversion agenda vs the 12-step addiction recovery process
- Life-dominating sinful habits, repentance and the 12-step addiction recovery process
- 180 -- abortion on demand and where mass blood-guilt leads a country
- My Genes Made Me Do It -- addressing the "gay gene" issue (used as a fallacious basis for "rights" claims), etc
- But Jesus never said one word against being 'gay'
- But, don't my genes make me do it?
- How dare you deny people their right to marriage equality!
- UK court attempts to delegitimise Christianity in light of the Johns foster parenting and Bull Guest House cases
- Responding to the "Bible believing Christians are not fit to be . . . " notion, based on the Johns foster parenting case in the UK
- On US Pres Obama's open endorsement of homosexualisation of marriage
- On CNN anchor Piers Morgan's call to censor the Bible in favour of the homosexualist agenda
- The Chick-fil-A case of "jamming" to intimidate those who support traditional morality
- Are Christian "fundamentalists" objecting to homosexualisation of marriage motivated by hate and bigotry?
- Responding to the distortion of marriage as a foundational social institution, again under false colours of "rights"
- Homosexualisation of culture vs Scripture
- The trend to delegitimise Christianity and conscience under false colour of "rights"
- The Manhattan Declaration, in defense of life, Creation-order marriage and liberty