Yesterday was the seventeenth Anniversary of the deadly volcanic hot ash and gas flows of June 25, 1997 in Montserrat.
Yesterday, was also a day for a subtler, though ultimately no less spiritually deadly and dangerous legal avalanche.
[O/N U/D to clarify: Spiritual deadliness 1 Cor 6:9 - 11 (cf. here on spiritual hope). The legal dangers lie in the resort to ideologically loaded newspeak, foot in the door precedent and in failure to consult the public before enacting. There are also serious medical questions, as prof Brendan Bain pointed out recently, at the cost of his career at UWI. And, no, it is not credible that "my genes made me do it."]
An avalanche, that I find it my sad duty to speak to.
For, yesterday, on the seventeenth anniversary of the deadly pyroclastic flows of June 25, 1997, over protest, the Montserrat Legislative Assembly . . . without prior, proper consultation with the public . . . insistently voted into law the following redefinition of a pivotal word, one that opens doors to extremely radical agendas abroad in our day:
If you think that comparing today's political correctness to lemmings heading over a cliff (and yes, they apparently do do that occasionally), perhaps you would wish to observe Paul's remarks:
Eph 4: 10 He, the very one who descended, is also the one who ascended above all the heavens, in order to fill all things.
11 It was he who gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, that is, to build up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God—a mature person, attaining to the measure of Christ’s full stature.
14 So we are no longer to be children, tossed back and forth by waves and carried about by every wind of teaching by the trickery of people who craftily carry out their deceitful schemes.
15 But practicing the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ, who is the head. 16 From him the whole body grows, fitted and held together through every supporting ligament. As each one does its part, the body grows in love.
17 So I say this, and insist in the Lord, that you no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding, being alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardness of their hearts. 19 Because they are callous, they have given themselves over to indecency for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness.
20 But you did not learn about Christ like this, 21 if indeed you heard about him and were taught in him, just as the truth is in Jesus.
22 You were taught with reference to your former way of life to lay aside the old man who is being corrupted in accordance with deceitful desires, 23 to be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and to put on the new man who has been created in God’s image—in righteousness and holiness that comes from truth. [NET. Also Cf Rom 1:19 - 32.]And, of course, given agendas known to be afoot in our region and elsewhere, where such confusion is liable to end up is in so-called "marriage equality."
The Rev Dr N T Wright of the UK has some observations that we should pay heed to on that:
Food for sober thought. END
PS: For those requiring further information on what I have come to call the porn-perversion agenda, I suggest, from this blog's RH column:
- Answering the porn-perversion agenda:
- The deceitful marketing of addictive evil and the porn-perversion agenda
- Porn sites are making money by spreading malware (there is a pay per install black market for that) to make botnets . . . but note that malware can be anywhere, too
- Shocking porn addiction statistics
- The XXX Church Porn Addiction recovery ministry
- The Pink Cross Foundation -- an answer to porn addiction and to the porn industry's deception and exploitation
- The porn-perversion agenda vs the 12-step addiction recovery process
- Life-dominating sinful habits, repentance and the 12-step addiction recovery process
- 180 -- abortion on demand and where mass blood-guilt leads a country
- Porn "star" recovery -- and how porn feeds perversions
- My Genes Made Me Do It -- addressing the "gay gene" issue (used as a fallacious basis for "rights" claims), etc
- But, don't my genes make me do it?
- Elaine and Jon Huguenin of Elane Photography, New Mexico -- why it is vital to correct the "my genes made me do it" myth . . . a case of improper threat against conscience and livelihood, driven by improper analogies to racism
- UK court attempts to delegitimise Christianity in light of the Johns foster parenting and Bull Guest House cases
- Responding to the "Bible believing Christians are not fit to be . . . " notion, based on the Johns foster parenting case in the UK
- But Jesus never said one word against being 'gay'
- A statement by Kirk and Madsen in 1987 on intent to manipulate the public to accept homosexualisation of our civilisation
- How dare you deny people their right to marriage equality!
- Masha Gessen's acknowledgement on the implications of the intended homosexualisation of marriage
- On US Pres Obama's open endorsement of homosexualisation of marriage
- On CNN anchor Piers Morgan's call to censor the Bible in favour of the homosexualist agenda
- The Chick-fil-A case of "jamming" to intimidate those who support traditional morality
- Are Christian "fundamentalists" objecting to homosexualisation of marriage motivated by hate and bigotry?
- The trend to delegitimise Christianity and conscience under false colour of "rights"
- Responding to the distortion of marriage as a foundational social institution, again under false colours of "rights"
- Homosexualisation of culture vs Scripture
- The Manhattan Declaration, in defense of life, Creation-order marriage and liberty