Sunday, October 09, 2016

Trump goes nuke . . . critical moment of the night:

" . . . you would be in jail."

 

The crowd goes wild.







Clip:




Transcript:
TRUMP: "Bernie Sanders and between super delegates and Debra Wassermann Schultz and I was surprised to see him sign on with the devil. The thing that you should be apologizing for are the 33,000 e-mails that you deleted and you acid washed and the two boxes of e-mails and other things last week that were taken from an office are are now missing. I didn't knowledge I would say this, but I'm going to and I hate to say it. If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with e-mails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 e-mails and acid watch them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have been -- their lives have been destroyed for doing 1/5 of what you have done. You should be ashamed." 
COOPER: "Secretary Clinton, I will let you respond." 
CLINTON: "Everything he said is absolutely false.
[ --> 30,000 erased emails? People are angry over it? FBI workers? Intent to get a special prosecutor? This looks like a canned talking-point misfire under pressure.]
It would be impossible to be fact checking Donald all the time. I would never get to talk and make lives better for people. Once again, go to Hillary clinton.com. You can fact check trump in realtime. Last time at the first debate we had millions of people fact checking and we will have millions more fact checking. It's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country." 
TRUMP: "Because you would be in jail." 
[Crowd cheers and applauds]
COOPER: "We want to remind the audience to please not talk out loud. Do not applaud. You are wasting time."
Now, let us see how the spin tactics play out on this. END

PS: Kindly cf my earlier comment today as updated to include the pre-debate press conference with four victims of sexual abuse etc. (Who apparently were Trump's guests in the debate.)


F/N: The second Debate on Youtube . . . much more pivotal than the first given current events:



F/N 2: I add, Daily Mail report, here.