LA Times summary:
- Around 11 a.m., at least one shooter opened fire in San
Bernardino at the Inland Regional Center, a facility that serves people
with developmental disabilities.
- Preliminary numbers: At least 14 people were killed and 17 wounded, San Bernardino police said.
- Police said there were one to three assailants, who were heavily armed and possibly wearing body armor.
- No one is in custody. Police are searching for a black Yukon SUV that drove away from the shooting.
- Investigators are not sure whether the shooting was an act of terrorism, an FBI official said.
- Police seek the public's help finding the attackers. Tipsters can call ( 866) 346-7632 ; to stay anonymous, call (800) 78CRIME.
AT THE ATTACK SITE 14 DEAD, 17 WOUNDED. Looks like the SUV has been stopped two miles away, a shootout with at least one suspect killed, there may be a fourth suspect in a house. END