Sunday, April 30, 2023

You're CENSORED,

 . . . you hate-speaking misinformer.

Recently, I had occasion to look at my KF post stream, only to see that a post from Dec 12 2009 was set up as unpublished for alleged violation of community guidelines. It was on the climategate incident and on linked use of armed guards to remove a journalist who questioned a scientist. Let me add overnight, what is the difference between [a] a computer simulation, [b] an actual observation, [c] actual reality? Similarly, what does the "consensus" view of a given day or school of thought imply, given paradigm shifts such as the Copernicus-Galileo-Newton revolution and the rise of modern physics? [So, is "consensus" adequate warrant for scientific claims? As for policy, what does reformation imply about the "consensus" of a given day, especially if there are material, unresolved issues that are sidelined? Did an earlier cross-civilisation, global consensus that slavery was a universal evil that at most could be regulated or ameliorated prove to be unchangeable reality?]

I found it impossible to find a way to communicate with Google, or to find just what specific thought crime I am accused of, on what evidence. That is already a serious breakdown of customer service, ask any MBA. 

Now, I therefore make this post as my way of speaking to Google, who bought Blogger about a decade ago and imposed all sorts of new things, including forcing me to get gmail etc. 

 Here is my problem, as someone using Blogger for 23 years, just about. 

First, when I was being web stalked, doxxed and slandered [including by someone who set up a hate blog at Blogger], my complaint was met with, oh, free speech. Go get a Court Order if you want us to do anything. That is, win a lawsuit first, all the while you are being doxxed, harassed, and more. This includes attempts to hack as well as spam my email, NOT with Google. There was also on the ground stalking all the way out to in laws and including children.

All I could do is turn off comments and go through manually, deleting slander and general harassment. 

That is what I did.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot and what seems to me well  within fair responsible comment on a controversial scientific topic in reach of my qualifications in Science, is censored. By reversion to draft where unlike regular draft I see no way to open an edit and make the adjustments, were that my intent. I know this as there are posts I have edited for ten or more years. So, the ugly implication is something special was set up, forcing delete or else . . . and obviously OUR EYE IS ON YOU.

That is not acceptable, especially as there is no effective means to communicate or appeal.

So, I use this as my only effective means to speak to Google. 

Google, your inconsistent policies need to be reviewed, not just what seems to me a fair comment but politically unwelcome post. 

Google, you need to set up a means to handle complaints, and a means to a fair hearing. 

Basic natural justice. END