The UK's Daily Mail head and lead, in its inimitable style:
Revenge of the Deplorables: The most extraordinary Presidential campaign in modern history ends in utter humiliation for Hillary, the pollsters, and elites of business, media and show business as the voters America forgot sweep Donald to a stunning victory
Political, policy and geo-strategic shock-waves are of course spreading around the world. In coming days, in assessing pundits, anchors, opinion leaders, political figures and academics, consider that almost to a man, they have been wrong. And, do not forget how in the tank the media have been.
- Donald Trump has won the presidency – taking Pennsylvania to secure 274 electoral college votes
- Hillary Clinton had just 218 of the 270 electoral votes needed to win when Trump's victory emerged
- Though Clinton called Trump to concede, she refused to make a public speech and sent her campaign chairman to tell supporters: 'We can wait a little longer. Every vote should count'
- Trump claimed wins in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming
- Clinton, a former secretary of state, earned victories in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and the District of Columbia
- As Clinton's party fell flat and supporters streamed away in tears, she was locked in a hotel suite just round the corner from Trump Tower
- At Trump Tower, following the victory Trump retired to his apartment to 'take a moment' with this wife
There is much to ponder. END