The real pivotal issue is this: are we or are we not morally governed, responsibly free beings?
If we are -- and to deny this at once ends in patent absurdity, then there is and must be a world-foundational IS that grounds OUGHT; that is the only level at which OUGHTNESS can be grounded, in an IS that is simultaneously the root of good, right, justice, worth and more.
That is, binding moral expectations for respect in light of our inherent dignity as human beings. For life, liberty, pursuit of purpose, innocent repute and more.
For such an IS, there is exactly one serious candidate: the inherently good Creator-God, a maximally great, necessary being; One who is worthy of ultimate loyalty and of the reasonable service of doing the good.
That is the wisdom behind these immortal words of the second paragraph of the US Declaration of Independence, 1776; which the justices of the US Supreme Court would have done far, far better to heed:
The United States and several other leading countries in our civilisation have shown by a long train of destructive abuses and usurpations that the time has come to reform or replace failed government.
Though, doubtless many have become deeply confused and imagine that such is not the case.
The sad, predictable result of such false establishment of absurd evil in the place of the patent good, is destruction and chaos.
When it comes to marriage, family and sexuality, the Creation order is patent and naturally evident from the complementarity of man and woman in reproduction -- the only major bodily function that requires two . . . a man and a woman, and from the inextricably linked requisites of a stable nurturing environment for the upbringing of children. So, whatever undermines that is inherently disordered and destructive to human thriving and so also to society.
This is the underlying context in which Jesus -- our prophesied, manifested, crucified but Risen Lord and Saviour -- said:
Matt 19:4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” [ESV]He of course directly responded to divorce, but in so doing underscored the naturally evident Creation order mandate for marriage and family. Man and wife, father, mother and children.
The homosexualist counterfeit -- yes when one passes off the false imitation as if it were genuine there is fraud there, nowadays presented under false colours of "equality," simply cannot pass the test of naturally evident Creation order.
That condemns it irretrievably.
Next, the Apostle Paul, commissioned by the risen Christ as apostle to the nations, warns us in no uncertain terms:
1 Cor 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[b] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[c] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."Do not be deceived . . . " he warns, listing specifically passive and active homosexual act participants along with the generally sexually immoral, adulterers, drunkards, the greedy, swindlers etc as among those whose behaviour is incompatible with inheriting the kingdom of God.
F/N c: 1 Corinthians 6:9 The two Greek terms translated by this phrase refer to the passive and active partners in consensual homosexual acts
In Romans 1, he amplifies:
Here, we see clearly that both male and female forms of homosexual behaviour are incompatible with righteousness.Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant[a] of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David[b] according to the flesh 4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, 6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ . . . .16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,[e] as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”[f]
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
And yet, as 1 Cor 6:11 reminds us, through the grace of God in Christ, there is hope:
And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.There is hope, as morally governed, redeemable creatures we may find rescue and release from many forms of sinful bondage through God's grace in Christ; requiring penitent trust in and surrender to the risen Saviour.
This is non-negotiable, on pain of betrayal of the gospel.
Yes, the easy days are over and now we will have to stand in the face of state power and abuse of the power of laws, courts, parliaments and rulers with almost suicidal boldness and courage to bear witness to utterly unwelcome truth.
But if we are to love the sinners Christ died to save, we must confront sin and call it by its ugly but truthful name: sin.
Truth -- rescuing truth -- is truth, not hate.
And to try to poison the atmosphere by falsely accusing those who stand for principled truth, is a compounding wrong.
To those now literally hell-bent on perverting civil rights law to persecute those who dare to stand for unwelcome truth, in witness, I have a word of warning:
Understand, sirs, what you are setting out on, and where it will end if unchecked.He who would rob me of my livelihood,
would rob me of my life;he who would rob me of my children,
would rob me of my future;he who would rob me of my conscience,
would rob me of my soul.
Understand, and in the name of God, stop and turn back before it is eternally too late. END
PS: KF Blog posts on the porn-perversion agenda:
- Answering the porn-perversion agenda:
- The deceitful marketing of addictive evil and the porn-perversion agenda
- Porn sites are making money by spreading malware (there is a pay per install black market for that) to make botnets . . . but note that malware can be anywhere, too
- Shocking porn addiction statistics
- The XXX Church Porn Addiction recovery ministry
- The Pink Cross Foundation -- an answer to porn addiction and to the porn industry's deception and exploitation
- The porn-perversion agenda vs the 12-step addiction recovery process
- Life-dominating sinful habits, repentance and the 12-step addiction recovery process
- 180 -- abortion on demand and where mass blood-guilt leads a country
- Porn "star" recovery -- and how porn feeds perversions
- My Genes Made Me Do It -- addressing the "gay gene" issue (used as a fallacious basis for "rights" claims), etc
- But, don't my genes make me do it?
- Elaine and Jon Huguenin of Elane Photography, New Mexico -- why it is vital to correct the "my genes made me do it" myth . . . a case of improper threat against conscience and livelihood, driven by improper analogies to racism
- UK court attempts to delegitimise Christianity in light of the Johns foster parenting and Bull Guest House cases
- Responding to the "Bible believing Christians are not fit to be . . . " notion, based on the Johns foster parenting case in the UK
- But Jesus never said one word against being 'gay'
- A statement by Kirk and Madsen in 1987 on intent to manipulate the public to accept homosexualisation of our civilisation
- How dare you deny people their right to marriage equality!
- Masha Gessen's acknowledgement on the implications of the intended homosexualisation of marriage
- On US Pres Obama's open endorsement of homosexualisation of marriage
- On CNN anchor Piers Morgan's call to censor the Bible in favour of the homosexualist agenda
- The Chick-fil-A case of "jamming" to intimidate those who support traditional morality
- Are Christian "fundamentalists" objecting to homosexualisation of marriage motivated by hate and bigotry?
- The trend to delegitimise Christianity and conscience under false colour of "rights"
- Responding to the distortion of marriage as a foundational social institution, again under false colours of "rights"
- Homosexualisation of culture vs Scripture
- The Manhattan Declaration, in defense of life, Creation-order marriage and liberty